Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lots of Catching Up

Well, we had a full day off yesterday which is a whole lot easier on me than a 2 hour delay. With a 2 hour delay I just lose time from work and don't really have time to get much done at home and I have to get everyone off to school when they think that they should actually be able to read one more chapter, sleep 10 more minutes, or turn on the tv.

Since we had a whole day off yesterday I did 9 loads of laundry and got them all folded/hung up/sorted/delivered and mostly put away. But with 6 of us, that's just a dent in the great wall of laundry that exists -- I went about a week without being able to use my washer. I stopped having other people do the wash because they don't seem to notice that things must be pretreated and checked before drying.

When I got back to work, there were so many requests that I couldn't get halfway through and I am out of the office for a class tomorrow. To top it off, we already got an email letting us know that there will be a 2 hour delay on Monday (for the safety of the students). No matter which way the SuperBowl goes, there will likely be some drivers out who should have stayed in bed. So I won't even be able to catch up with a full day Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment