Sunday, January 18, 2009

Goals for the year

It's a good time to look at my goals for the year. My most important one is to grow closer to Christ. It's been too easy for me to let some of my good habits slip as our family's life has changed over the past few years. My next goal is to be healthier for 2009 so that I can be there for my family. I'm also looking to continue my education through opportunities available to me through my work. I'm currently taking a course for Family Development Workers and then I want to enroll at Pitt. I had signed up for an informational session but it was canceled. My most frustrating area is home management. I had hoped for the opportunity to be at home for a year after my youngest went to school full time, but it just didn't seem to be wise at the time. Now that I know the rigors of working outside of the house and keeping everyone fed and clothed, I think that I could be much more effective at managing my time if I could be home. But God gave me just about the best job I could hope for in allowing me to still be there for my children and I believe that I just need to apply myself to get the other areas under control.

Updated to add: I just read a great post on getting started & making priorities at home. It's from Like Mother, Like Daughter and I'll include the link here: http://ourmothersdaughters.blogspot.com/2009/01/can-your-new-years-resolutions-take.html

No comments:

Post a Comment